Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Why I'm Choosing To Walk



     When my teachers told me about graduation the first thing that came to my mind is why walk for an associates degree? Not only do I already have one, but wouldn't it be better to walk with a bachelors? Wouldn't it be more of an accomplishment to be able to say I have my bachelors? Most people probably feel the same way as I do. The problem with that way of thinking is we forget how hard someone might have worked to get that associates degree. Some have worked just as hard and sacrificed just as much.  This is the reason I'm walking. Although I'm not done in my journey through school, I feel that this goal to complete the Radiology Program was one of the hardest to reach...but guess what I did it!

     When I first got into the program I had NO clue how hard it was going to be to finish it. I figured I got through the hardest part already (getting in). Once I started I realized how hard it would be. I would spend 3 days (8 hours each day) a week for 2 years doing clinicals. I would study more then I ever wanted to and take some of the hardest tests I had ever taken. I would stress and worry about my grades. I would fear that I wouldn't ever pick it up. I learned things about me I didn't want to admit, like how I was slower on picking up on the clinical side of school. I learned about my strengths and my weaknesses. I learned how to rely on the Lord and that if no one else had faith in me that he did. Without him and my dear husband Jesse I could have never gotten through the program. Every person has different struggles in life and this was one of the biggest for me. So yes I'm going to walk for it, because it may just seem like an associates degree, but to me it is something much more!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Good for you! Cody walked for his Associate's which gave him the push he needed to finish his bachelor's and because he graduates in the summer he won't get to walk because they don't do it summer semester. So I'm glad he got to experience it. It's a huge accomplishment and you should be so proud!!! Congrats on passing your boards!

    ReplyDelete